Lesson Five — Proof?!
- Read the play, Proof?! (see link on site:
- Decide how much, if any of it, to share with your
- Make copies of the play for students.
- If you are feeling particularly ambitious, create props.
- Ask students to read the play through to themselves.
- Assign parts and read the play as a class.
- Follow with a discussion of Euler’s formula and the play.
- Some other concept you may want to cover are as follows:
- Thought experiment
- Undefined terms
- Mathematics: invented or discovered?
- Consider giving a writing assignment about some major
ideas in the play.
Open Microsoft Word Version
Back to Previous
Jump to Next Lesson
Return to Lesson Plans