Lesson Seven — Plato, Philosophy, and Displays
- Load the video into a dvd player.
- Skip to the “Dual Pairs” scene.
- After the text appears, you will hear the word, “now.”
- Pause the dvd at that point and you should see a quote
from Plato’s Republic.
- Practice until you can hit the frame every time.
- Do some research on who Plato was. You may find some good
information in the www.PlatonicSolids.info
- Prepare to tell students a little bit about philosophy and
the meaning of the quote.
- Take out supplies for students to use to make informative
displays of their work.
- Load the video and pause it at the Plato quote.
- Lead a class discussion about what the quote might mean.
- Discuss connections between geometry, philosophy, and
- Put out supplies and have students create informative
displays with their paper models.
Microsoft Word Version
Back to Previous Lesson
Jump to Next Lesson
Return to Lesson Plans